Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20, 2010

I stayed at Brian's last night and managed to get to sleep before 11 (for once). But Kelly called at 12:30 to say that the smoke detectors kept beeping. They are the kind that are wired in so you can't just pull the battery out. I told her she would need to throw the breaker switch and cut the power to them and I would take a look tonight. She got mad and said she didn't know how to do that.

She said I should be there to help her.

I suppose I was tired, or frustrated, but I said she might have thought of that before she told me she didn't want me to live there.

She hung up.

After that, sleep was a scarce commodity. Even when I'm not there she is hurting me.

In the morning, Brian suggested I just let her sit there on her own for a while and really give her a glimpse into what being a single mom is like. Of course, your friends always say shit like that. He also said I shouldn't give her a dime until the courts force me. Did I mention he had a bitter divorce?

No comments: