Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27, 2010

We had a great night last night; really connected and a good talk. Kelly and I were in the tub for nearly an hour and discussed what this separation would be. She was happy and sad at the same time I found a place (!) but was glad the kids would have somewhere to go with their own rooms.

Kelly said I would have to be strong when she asks me to move back in when she's lonely. She said she wanted to be sure she wanted me back because she wants me, not just because she is by herself. She said she is still so confused but admitted for the first time that she will need to talk to someone to work it through. However, she is still refusing marriage counselling.

One thing she pointed out was that we have always lived away from friends and family. Now we can be be together where there is a support system. It may be that here on the coast, there will be other distractions that will help our relationship.

Odd that we haven't seen any of our old "joint" friends or family since we moved back.

No comments: